Professor ("Ramon y Cajal" program)
- Departamento de Inteligencia
- Facultad de Informática
- Universidad Politécnica
- 28660-Boadilla del Monte, MADRID
Summary of the Curriculum Vitae
- Studied linguistics and computational linguistics at the Moscow State University, Department of Philology (1967 - 1972)
- Candidate of Sciences (Ph.D.) in Computational linguistics & Russian from the Moscow State University (1979).
- Doctor of Sciences in General linguistics from the Institute of Linguistics of the Russian Academy of Sciences (1993).
- Senior researcher at the Artificial Intelligence Department of the UPM (Ramon y Cajal Program)
- Project Leader of the UNL Project for Russian
- Project leader of several research projects funded by Russian and EU programs.
- Computational Linguistics Laboratory of the Institute for Information Transmission Problems, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow: Head of Laboratory. Development of machine translation systems (with Russian, English, French, German and Korean as working languages) and linguistic processors for natural language communication with databases. Research in theoretical linguistics and lexicography.
- Institute for Information in Electrical Engineering, Moscow: Senior Researcher. Development of MT systems (English-to-Russian and French-to-Russian)
Fields of Research
Computational linguistics, machine translation, formal models of language, syntax and semantics, lexicography.
Over 100 in Russian and in English, including 4 books published in 1985, 1990, 1992 and 1996.
Expert evaluation experience
Expert in computational linguistics for EU - 1996
Expert in computational linguistics for the University of Uppsala (Sweden) - 1999
Expert in computational linguistics for the Academy of Finland – 2001
Member of the Editorial Board of “Machine Translation”
Member of the Editorial Board of “Linguistics and Philosophy”
Member of the Editorial Board of “Voprosy Jazykoznanija” (“Problems of Linguistics”)
Member of the International Committee on Computational Linguistics.